Saturday, January 8, 2011

IU’s Back Dancer Sparks Controversy for Allegedly Insulting 2NE1′s Minzy

A back dancer for IU has sparked interest and controversy for comments made against Minzy of 2NE1 that were made on his Minihompy page.

The dancer recently uploaded a photo of himself on his page and captioned it with a nickname (“공민지뢰,” or “Kong Minji Roe,” a derogatory name used by anti-fans of Minzy to refer to her) that insulted the maknae of 2NE1, which enraged many a netizen.
Such netizens wrote comments along the lines of, “Do you happen to know what that word means?,” “You should take care of your image and IU’s as well,” and “I was a fan of yours but [now] I’m pretty disappointed.”
The back dancer then apologized, stating:
It’s a mess. I didn’t know [the word] had that kind of meaning and I used it without knowing about the word. It was wrong of me. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to diss [Minzy] like that. If there was any misunderstanding, I would like to apologize. I apologize with my head bowed.”
The back dancer is known for standing by IU during performances and making playful expressions as well as making IU fans jealous for couple-dancing with the idol several times, recognition that eventually earned him the nickname “Bong Dancer” because he resembles actor Bong Taegyu.
Source: Nate, tvbanimeonline.com
Translation: solshin3@21BANGS.com
Written by: shadesofgrey@kpoplive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More