Monday, January 10, 2011

B2UTIES Apologize to Rainbow’s Jaekyung for Hurtful Messages After Reading Yoseob’s Tweets

After taking note of the influx of hurtful comments left on the Cyworld of Rainbow’s Jaekyung after rumors claimed that he and the female idol would appear as a couple on ‘We Got Married,’ Yoseob of BEAST stepped forward to reflect upon the actions of such netizens.

In reply to the bashing, Yoseob tweeted, “The scars that I received from the [person] who had randomly spat out some comments still haven’t healed. This probably doesn’t only apply to me, but others as well. No matter what the method is, someone should never…inflict such deep scars on another person. Apologize. Should I do it instead?”
Yoseob continued, stating, “There is a clear definite line between criticism and hate comments. Since [my] debut, I have been scarred many times due to hateful comments. [Since then], I have become much more immune to [them], but [back] then I was really in pain. At least I can hold it in because I am a guy, but [Jaekyung] is a woman. I think she would…be really hurt by this. That is why I decided to leave that comment.”
Fans were surprised by Yoseob’s blunt statement asking netizens to apologize to another star for their actions, and began calling him the “Manners Idol.”
Of the rumor itself, Yoseob said the following:
I have no idea why there was a rumor like that. I asked my company after hearing that I might be a couple with Jaekyung, but they told me that it wasn’t true. After hearing that it wasn’t true, I thought everything was okay, but I was really surprised. Early in our debut, we faced a lot of hateful comments. And of course we still face those comments. However, even when we tried to ignore them, we ended up crumbling many times due to this.”
In response to the idol’s message, BEAST’s official fanclub released an apology statement through their fan café. To show that they were truly remorseful for the comments, they began posing apologetic comments on Jaekyung’s comments and began to stop the hateful comments.
Of the situation, netizens commented: “I think there is a strong side to idol fans. I hope that Jaekyung didn’t read any hate comments, but just the apology letter” and “It’s good that we are at least apologizing now.”
Source: Sports Chosun (1, 2), tvbanimeonline.com
Translation: aoistars@B2STrising.com
Written by: shadesofgrey@kpoplive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More