Monday, December 27, 2010

IU talks about her ‘ugly’ character and future acting plans

IU made a humble statement about her physical appearance while attending the production conference for KBS 2TV’s “Dream High” on December 27th.
The singer plays a student named ‘Pil Sook’, who has low self-esteem because she was teased about her ‘ugly’ face. As “Dream High” marks her very first acting sting, IU reflected, “I’m really nervous since it’s my first time. When I was in elementary school, I dreamt of becoming an actress and even attended acting school, but all of a sudden switched paths to becoming a singer. I feel like how I do in ‘Dream High’ will determine the future of my career and activities.
Regarding her character, ‘Pil Sook,’ she revealed, “I’ve been looking back at my diaries I wrote during my trainee days and asking myself how I felt at that time. As opposed to acting, I’ve been trying to bring out the trainee in me.”
She continued, “‘Pil Sook’ is an ugly character in the drama, but as for me, I really am ugly when I erase my makeup (laughter).
When asked about whether she dreams of becoming an ‘almighty entertainer’, IU replied, “I don’t have such grand dreams like that yet. Should people give me opportunties, I will be thankful and do my best.  As for my acting career, I’m not sure whether I’ll continue it until after the drama finishes. Neither my agency nor myself have an idea on that – it depends on the viewers for now.
IU concluded, “I’ll do my best for the people that will be supporting us or watching over us.”
“Dream High” will broadcast its pilot episode on January 3rd, 2011.
Source: Star News via Nate, allkpop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More